I am a freelance consultant who has been working in the education sector for over ten years, primarily working in research and project management for international vocational and higher education. I have worked closely with a number of the agencies involved in UK policy development and support including Standards Verification UK, UK NARIC and Ecorys, the National Agency for the EC Lifelong Learning Programme. In addition, I have worked on education sector projects with other bodies including universities, awarding bodies and chambers of commerce.
I am a bid writer, in particular responding to tenders in the European Lifelong Learning Programme and other European projects.
I specialise in:
- The European Lifelong Learning Programme
- Further and Higher Education project management
- Bid writing
- Education sector consultancy
Specialist knowledge, skills and experience
The majority of my work and experience is in further and higher education where my knowledge and skills in bid writing and project management can help clients to deliver projects or tender for work on behalf of public sector bodies and the European Lifelong Learning Programme.
My areas of specialist knowledge, skills and experience are in:
- Different international education systems, qualification frameworks and learning approaches
- Researching and mapping vocational qualifications against international qualification frameworks, specifically the European Qualification Framework (EQF)
- Bid writing and project management for European education and training sector projects
- Delivering projects within a PRINCE2 project management framework
- Working with and for several agencies within the UK and European FE/HE sector including Standards Verification UK, UK NARIC (National Recognition Information Centre), City and Guilds and the European Training Foundation.
- Assessing funding applications